Unless you are a healthcare provider/worker, chances are you may have questions about your prescription medications. Due to the rise in popularity of online connected devices, most individuals look for medication information online. Unfortunately, this information is not always clear or it may even be misleading or false. Pharmacists can act as an excellent supplier of quality, easy-to-understand medication information. However, it may be difficult to know which questions you should ask your pharmacist. The following is a list of important points you may want to discuss with your pharmacist when picking up a new prescription:
- When should I take my prescription? (morning , evening, bedtime, etc.)
- How often should I take the medication?
- Should I take the medication with food or on an empty stomach?
- What activities should I avoid while on this medication? (Can I drive, should I avoid certain foods, should I avoid alcohol, etc.)
- What medication side effects should I expect?
- Where should I store my medication?
- How should I dispose of my medication?
Remedy’s Healthy Living
- Animal Love: We looked at the research on animal companions and outline how the right pet can have a positive impact on emotional and physical wellbeing.
- Healthy Food Makeover: Renowned chef Meg Galvin remakes comfort-food standard -- lasagna -- into a low-fat, high fiber (and still delicious) dish.
- Bladder Q & A: Our panel of experts answers common -- but embarrassing -- bladder questions.
- Diabetes Focus
- Healthy and Delicious! The 18 winners of the Food Awards offer healthy, convenient, affordable meals for any time of day.
- Walking expert Maggie Spinler helps readers keep up -- and even ramp up -- their walking programs with simple suggestions for indoor winter walks
- Nutrition expert Christine Gerbstadt discusses four important minerals found in common, delicious, good-for-you foods.